Mexico: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Impact on Business Aviation
July 11, 2020
Restriction expiration: July 15, 2020
General Restrictions: No current restrictions or bans for Crew/Pax other than people who have tested positive for COVID-19. Flights are classified as essential and not essential: Not essential flights include: Vacations, tourism, etc. Essential flights include: Ambulances, repatriation flights, Tech stop (local AFAC Previous authorization is required).
AFAC is extending its closure until June 30. Medical certificates and pilot license validities are extended until 31-Dec.
Restrictions on non-essential travel for USA/Canada/Mexico land borders has been extended until July 21,2020.
Special Considerations: For G/A Aircraft traveling to Mexico for vacations (non-essential) flights, here are some recommendations:
- Many tourist businesses (i.e. hotels, restaurants, beaches, parks, bars, etc.) are still closed or restricted.
- All airports of entry are operating, many on a reduced schedule . it is important to check airport schedules prior to traveling to Mexico. Approval will have to be obtained by the local airport manager.
- There is a questionnaire form to be completed and signed by each crew member and passenger arriving at any airport, on a domestic or international flight. Temperature checks are conducted. If someone is at 38 degrees C or above, they will be quarantined and the rest of the Pax and Crew may not be able to enter the country.
Passenger Restrictions: Passengers must fill out Identification of Risk Factors in Travelers questionnaire and submit to temperature screening at the airport. Anyone suspected of having COVID-19 will be send to further screening with a medical professional and could possibly be quarantined.
Crew: Crew must fill out Identification of Risk Factors in Travelers questionnaire and submit to temperature screening at the airport. Anyone suspected of having COVID-19 will be send to further screening with a medical professional. Crew Rest in hotel is dependent on each stations management and availability of hotels. Crew rest on aircraft is going to depend on the type of flight and finally to the local authorities’ criteria.
ICAO Specific Information:
- MMQT – Hours of Operations 09:00 LCL to 20:00 LCL with overtime available with prior request
- MMPB – Hours of Operation 0700lcl to 1900lcl; No OT Available
- MMOX – Hours of Operation 0600lcl to 2000lcl; No OT Available
- MMLO – AP hours of service is 1200 to 0200 UTC daily until 0200 UTC, 01 Jun 2020.
- MMPR – AP Closed 0200-1200 Daily, 28APR2020 0200 until 01JUN2020 1200.
- MMSL – Vacation Flights and non-essential operations are allowed. Operating from 0600 to 2000 LCL, including customs and immigration services. Overtime is available, but must be requested at least 2 hours prior to airport closure. Hotels available: Medano Suites and Holiday Inn Express.
- MMSD – In contingency phase 3, with airport operation hours from 0700 to 2100 LCL. Customs and immigration is available upon request according to our local vendor. Hotels will begin to prepare for guests on 20 May, but hotels will be closed until approx 01 July. Beaches expected to be closed until around 01 June. When hotels open, they are expected to be open with reduced capacity but no details have been announced.
- MMTP – Hours of Operation are 1200 to 0200 UTC from 31 May until 1 July.
- MMUN – Hours of Operation are 24/7. Not all hotels or resorts are fully opened yet. It is recommended that Crew and Pax book hotels in advance to ensure availability
- MMAA all hotels are closed.
- MMZH all hotels are closed.
- MMLP current operational hours are from 1300 to 0500 UTC (0700L-2300L) only, overtime allowed only for emergency operations.
- MMLT current operational hours are from 1500 to 0000 UTC (0900L- 1800L) only, no overtime allowed.
- MMPR current operational hours are from 1200 to 0200 UTC (0700L-2100L) only, no overtime allowed.
- MMMD current operational hours are from 1500 to 0000 UTC (1000-1900L) only, no overtime allowed.
- MMCZ current operational hours are from 1200 to 0200 UTC (0700L-2100L) only, overtime available for Ambulance Flights only.
Please refer to your Universal Team for additional destination specifics.