Mexico: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Impact on Business Aviation
May 31, 2020
Restriction expiration: June 15, 2020
General Restrictions: No current restrictions or bans for Crew/Pax other than people who have tested positive for COVID-19. Flights are classified as essential and not essential: Not essential flights include: Vacations, tourism, etc. Essential flights include: Ambulances, repatriation flights, Tech stop (local AFAC Previous authorization is required).
Special Considerations: For G/A Aircraft traveling to Mexico for vacations (non-essential) flights, here are some recommendations:
- There has been an extension of restrictions until 15 June. Awaiting Civil Aviation updates to be issued June 1.
- Most tourist businesses (i.e. hotels, rstaurants, beaches, parks, bars, etc.) are closed or restricted until 15 June.
- All airports of entry are operating, possibly on a reduced schedule . it is important to check airport schedules prior to traveling to Mexico.
- There is a questionnaire form to be completed and signed by each crew member and passenger arriving at any airport, on a domestic or international flight. Temperature checks are conducted. If someone is at 38 degrees C or above, they will be quarantined and the rest of the Pax and Crew may not be able to enter the country.
Passenger Restrictions: Passengers must fill out Identification of Risk Factors in Travelers questionnaire and submit to temperature screening at the airport. Anyone suspected of having COVID-19 will be send to further screening with a medical professional.
Crew: Crew must fill out Identification of Risk Factors in Travelers questionnaire and submit to temperature screening at the airport. Anyone suspected of having COVID-19 will be send to further screening with a medical professional. Crew Rest in hotel is dependent on each stations management and availability of hotels. Crew rest on aircraft is going to depend on the type of flight and finally to the local authorities’ criteria.
ICAO Specific Information:
- MMQT – Hours of Operations 09:00 LCL to 20:00 LCL with overtime available with prior request
- MMPB – Hours of Operation 0700lcl to 1900lcl; No OT Available
- MMOX – Hours of Operation 0600lcl to 2000lcl; No OT Available
- MMLO – AP hours of service is 1200 to 0200 UTC daily until 0200 UTC, 01 Jun 2020.
- MMLT – Hours of Operation 1500 to 2359 Daily
- MMPR – AP Closed 0200-1200 Daily, 28APR2020 0200 until 01JUN2020 1200.
- MMSL – Vacation Flights and non-essential operations are allowed. Operating from 0600 to 2000 LCL, including customs and immigration services. Overtime is available, but must be requested at least 2 hours prior to airport closure. Hotels available: Medano Suites and Holiday Inn Express.
- MMSD – In contingency phase 3, with airport operation hours from 0700 to 2100 LCL. Customs and immigration is not available. Hotels will begin to prepare for guests on 20 May, but hotels will be closed until approx 01 June. Beaches expected to be closed until around 01 June. When hotels open, they are expected to be open with reduced capacity but no details have been announced.
- MMTP – Hours of Operation are 1200 to 0200 UTC from 31 May until 1 July.
Please refer to your Universal Team for additional destination specifics.