Canada COVID travel restrictions
Canada COVID travel restrictions impacting business aviation
All data shown below is for U.S. passengers travelling from the U.S. (14-day clean travel history). For all other mission scenarios, contact Universal Trip Support. Ask your Universal Trip Support team for a Feasibility Guide to get detailed intelligence for your destination of interest.
Travelers from variant virus hotspots – Many countries are restricting entry for travelers who have visited a variant virus hotspot, including the UK, Brazil, and South Africa. Travelers from neighboring countries may also be restricted.
Sept. 9, 2021
- Accessible to U.S. passengers: Yes
- Types of flights allowed: Business, Humanitarian/Cargo, Tech Stops, Medevac
- Pre-Approval for Entry Required: No
- COVID-19 Pre-Testing for Arrival Required: Yes, a molecular test 72 hours prior to scheduled departure time.
- Assuming No Symptoms, COVID-19 Testing Upon/After Arrival): YES (See Details/Notes Section)
- Pre-Departure COVID-19 Test Required? Yes
- Health / Entry Forms Required for Crew/Pax (If yes, what forms)?: Yes, using ArriveCAN App prior to boarding flight
- If traveling to Nova Scotia, you must also complete the Nova Scotia Safe Check In Form Online: https://travel-declaration.novascotia.ca/en/
- Assuming No Symptoms, Quarantine Required: Yes, if overnighting
- COVID-19 Vaccine Required: Yes
- Effective August 9, Fully-vaccinated U.S. citizens and residents can enter with proof of a negative COVID test, without having to quarantine. Read details here.
- Effective Sept 7, any foreign national that qualifies for the fully-vaccinated traveler exemption can enter Canada for discretionary travel. Use this self-assessment tool to check if you qualify for the exemption.
- We’ve confirmed via CANPASS that crew are required to take a PCR test if staying longer than 72 hours.
- Gander (CYQX) Update: Effective Aug 11, travelers on East bound flights directly departing the U.S. are allowed to disembark during the tech stop if 1) vaccinated, 2) have a negative COVID test, and 3) have completed ArriveCan in advance. This does not apply to West bound flights from Europe or return flights.
- All travelers are required to provide their COVID-related information, in advance, via ArriveCAN app or website.
- Canada has this online tool to help you assess if you can enter the country.
- Airport Funneling in Effect – All international passenger flights, including those from the U.S., are required to enter Canada through one of the following nine funneling airports: CYYZ/Toronto, CYVR/Vancouver, CYUL/Montreal, and CYYC/Calgary, Edmonton/CYEG, Winnipeg/CYWG, Ottawa/CYOW, Quebec/CYQB, and Halifax/CYHZ. Initial announcement for the first 4 airports. Announcement on the 5 added in August. Medevac, ferry and crew repatriation flights, cargo-only flights, and tech stops where no passengers disembark are exempt.
- Restrictions on non-essential travel for USA/Canada/Mexico land borders have been extended until Sept. 21, 2021. Note: This does not apply to air travel.