NBAA URGENT – Help Needed!
Please read and action ASAP!
There are reports that as soon as early February, the House Transportation and Infrastructure (T&I) Committee will be considering a proposal to strip the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) of its management of the U.S. Air Traffic Control System, transferring its operation to a private entity funded by user fees.
If passed, this piece of legislation will cut jobs and make navigating through the complexities of the industry much more difficult, hurting business aviation and putting our very livelihoods at stake.
As an industry, we have halted previous attacks on business aviation, and NBAA is once again leading the charge against FAA privatization, but it needs our support.
Here’s how you can help:
- Push the Contact Congress Button: Fill out a short form that will generate and deliver an e-mail to your congressman or congresswoman
- Send a signed letter to your elected officials in the Senate and Congress: Send a signed letter, sharing the same objections to FAA privatization that you e-mailed through the Contact Congress Button. This raises the level of importance of this issue with our elected officials, as they receive many e-mails, but not as many signed letters.
- Outside the U.S.? This issue still impacts you: If you do business in the U.S. and utilize your aircraft here, you are also affected by these issues. Please consider e-mailing, writing, and calling elected officials you know in the U.S., and share with them the negative impact of FAA privatization.
- Tweet your elected officials: Stop proposed per-flight user fees, harnessing the power of social media to make our industry’s voice public! Your elected officials, the media, and your own Twitter followers will see our position, which will amplify our advocacy efforts. Use the hashtag: #NoPrivatizedATC!
- Get your friends, family, and coworkers involved!: We have incredible power as a group. Forward these tools to your contacts and let’s make our collective voice heard!
Making our collective voices heard is an approach that has proven to work, and I know it will again! Thank you in advance for taking immediate action and for helping to ensure our industry remains strong and vital! Let me know how I can help in any way.
Chairman, Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc.
Chairman, NBAA Associate Member Advisory Committee (AMAC) & NBAA Board Member
Moving organizations that move the worldsm.