COVID Travel Restrictions Impacting Business Aviation
Below is the country-by-country summary of countries still closed or requiring quarantine for vaccinated travelers. If you need detailed entry requirements, ARR/DEP logistics procedures, and any other mission planning insights, you get can get them through Feasibility-IQ or your Universal Trip Support Team.
COVID-19 Travel Restriction Updates and Trends
June 21, 2022
- U.S./Canada/Mexico – Accessible to vaccinated travelers.
- Caribbean – All countries accessible to vaccinated travelers.
- Latin America –
- Our FBOs and ground handling offices in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, Mexico, and Venezuela are operational and supporting missions.
- Falkland Islands – Restricted. Business flights require special invitation letter. Leisure flights possible if transiting direct to a private vessel. Contact locator form required. Adequate aeromedical insurance is recommended.
- Venezuela – Restricted. Accessible with approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Quarantine at government facility required, up to 14 days. Aircraft Disinfection is required.
- Europe – Summary info for vaccinated travelers only. Detailed intelligence available. – This is just a reminder that this operational update provides a summary overview to help you assess if entry is feasible. It does not provide details on pre-arrival testing requirements, forms, and other common requirements for entry that are not major blockers for most trips. Quarantine and test on arrival only listed if required for vaccinated travelers.
Information provided below is for vaccinated travelers, which generally have the fewest restrictions to navigate.
For more detailed information and for information for non-vaccinated or recovered travelers, ask your Universal Trip Support team for a Feasibility Guide to get detailed intelligence for your destination of interest.
- Our FBOs and ground handling offices in Ireland, UK, France, Greece, Italy, Spain and Turkey are ready to support you.
- Belarus – Travel is impacted by Russia-Ukraine war. Consult with us prior to any planned mission.
- Moldova – Travel is impacted by Russia-Ukraine war. Consult with us prior to any planned mission.
- Russia – Conflict zone. Heavily restricted for most operators for both overflight and entry.
- Ukraine – Active conflict zone. Heavily restricted for most operators for both overflight and entry.
- Middle East & Africa – More easing.
- Afghanistan – Political unrest. Military flights only.
- Algeria – Open with MOFA MOI, or MOD approval. 5-day quarantine at hotel.
- Benin – Test on arrival and self-quarantine until negative results.
- Burkina Faso – Open. Travelers will be tested upon arrival and have a 72-hour quarantine in a gov’t-allocated hotel at own expense until results are known. If positive, mandatory 14-day quarantine at hotel of choice.
- Burundi – Travelers must undergo testing upon arrival and self-isolate while waiting for the result.
- Chad – Testing on arrival required. Travelers must surrender their passports and remain in self-isolation for seven days, with an additional test being performed on the seventh day in isolation. Travelers in Chad for fewer than seven days do not need to quarantine.
- Djibouti – All travelers entering the country will be tested upon arrival and must wait at the port of entry until the results become available.
- Equatorial Guinea – A three-day hotel or at-home quarantine is mandatory for all travelers arriving by air, land, and sea borders. A PCR test must be taken after the three-day isolation period. .
- Israel – Open. Effective May 20, test on arrival requirement will be removed. Tourists are allowed regardless of vaccination. Health Insurance required for foreign nationals. Our Universal Aviation in Tel Aviv can support you in Israel.
- Lesotho – Open. All travelers from COVID-19 affected areas must isolate 14 days at residence or hotel.
- Madagascar – Restricted. Test on arrival and health screening. Quarantine until negative on arrival.
- Reunion Island – Open. Testing required on arrival and for departure. Self-isolation required.
- Rwanda – Charter tourism and business flights allowed. Testing on arrival. Mandatory quarantine for 24 hours at a designated hotel until results are known. COVID test required to exit country.
- United Arab Emirates – Open, but entry requirements vary by emirate. Emirates Airlines has a great tool for checking this. For Dubai, authorities may require PCR test on arrival and quarantine until results known. Health insurance and tracer app required. More on Dubai here. For Abu Dhabi, there is no need to quarantine for fully-vaccinated travelers. More on Abu Dhabi here.
- Yemen – U.S. passengers are allowed entry for business. Testing and quarantine required.
- Ask your Universal Trip Support team for a Feasibility Guide to get detailed intelligence for your destination of interest.
- Asia-Pacific –
- Our FBOs and ground handling offices in China, Japan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, and Thailand are ready to support you.
- American Samoa – Open to vaccinated U.S. pax with special permission.
- Azerbaijan – Open. U.S. travelers need special permission and meet certain criteria. Negative COVID test required for departure.
- Bhutan – Restricted. Quarantine required.
- Brunei Darussalam – Effective May 06, Brunei will lift green list categorization. Fully-vaccinated arrivals from any country may enter for non-essential purposes. Insurance, mobile app and test on arrival required.
- China – Remains highly restrictive. Testing on arrival and quarantine required for those who can get in. Universal Aviation China is in close contact with local authorities and will be reporting on the latest.
- Hong Kong – Restricted. As of May 1, vaccinated non-resident travelers allowed to enter. Stringent testing, vaccination and quarantine required for most travelers including crew.
- Japan – As of Jun 01, Japan classifies countries according to COVID -19 risk. Travelers from blue countries (includes U.S) and fully vaccinated travelers from yellow countries are exempted from testing and quarantine requirements. As of Jun 10, Officials will allow approved packaged tours for travelers from blue-list locations. Mobile App required. Universal Aviation Japan is ready to support you.
- Kiribati – Closed.
- Macau – Closed. Foreigners remain prohibited and require prior approval. Travellers from extremely high-risk countries (including U.S) are subject to enhanced testing and quarantine measures. COVID test required on all outbound flights. Aircraft disinfection required.
- Marshall Islands – Closed.
- Micronesia – Closed.
- Myanmar –Myanmar resumed commercial flights and e-visas for business travel. Health Insurance, test on arrival, and quarantine until negative result confirmed.
- Nauru – Closed.
- Niue – Closed. Government announced quarantine free travel and resumption of passenger flights from Jun 27.
- New Zealand – Restricted. Travelers from 60 countries on the visa-waiver list, including the U.S. and travelers with existing valid visitor visas are able to enter New Zealand. Effective Jul 31, all applications for visitor visas and student visas will be open. No self-isolation. Test on arrival required. Aircraft disinfection required. Full entry details online.
- Samoa – Closed. Officials plan to reopen the borders fully to all travelers by Aug 1.
- Solomon Islands- Closed. Solomon Islands officials plan to reopen the country’s border to international travelers from 01Jul22.
- Taiwan – Closed. Passengers with Taiwanese Alien Resident Certificates are allowed entry. As of Mar 7, travelers may enter for business with special permit. Leisure not allowed. Travelers must submit proof that they have suitable accommodations. Test on arrival and quarantine required.
- Tonga – Closed.
- Turkmenistan – U.S. passengers are allowed for business, with prior approval through diplomatic channels. Testing upon arrival and quarantine is required in a state-run facility required. Vaccinated travelers can have quarantine period reduced to 7 days. Negative COVID test required for departure.
- Tuvalu – Closed.
- Vanuatu- Closed. Effective 01Jul22, all international passengers will be allowed to enter the country without quarantine, regardless of vaccination status.
- Wallis and Futuna – Closed.