Mexico: COVID travel restrictions
Mexico COVID travel restrictions impacting business aviation
This article covers the latest Mexico COVID travel restrictions impacting business aviation, including testing, quarantine, and entry requirements. Ask your Universal Trip Support team for a Feasibility Guide to get detailed intelligence for your destination of interest.
April 6, 2021
Mexico is open and accessible. Popular tourist destinations like Los Cabos, Cozumel, PV, and Cancun are active with flights. Our ground handing teams in Mexico (Mexico City/Toluca, Los Cabos, Cancun, Cozumel, PV, Monterrey, etc.) are available to support your missions.
- Accessible to U.S. passengers: Yes
- Types of flights allowed: Business, Leisure, Tech Stops
- Pre-Approval for Entry Required: No
- COVID-19 Pre-Testing for Arrival Required: No
- Assuming No Symptoms, COVID-19 Testing Upon/After Arrival: No
- Pre-Departure COVID-19 Test Required: Awaiting Information.
- Health / Entry Forms Required for Crew/Pax: Yes. Attestation form plus form found at https://afac.hostingerapp.com
- Assuming No Symptoms, Quarantine Required: No
- COVID-19 Vaccine Required: Not at this time
- Mexico is open and accessible. Popular tourist destinations like Los Cabos, Cozumel, PV, and Cancun are active with flights.
- Our ground handing teams in Mexico (Mexico City/Toluca, Los Cabos, Cancun, Cozumel, PV, Monterrey, etc.) are available to support your missions.
- AFAC remains closed but is processing AOC renewals and modifications, one time permits, blanket permit modifications, and blanket permit verifications remotely/online. Note that AFAC is working under reduced staffing hours, so application processing will take longer than normal. For assistance with your Mexico permits, we can help.
- There is a no-touch Covid-19 health assessment form, which is required on arrival/departure. After completing the form, print or screen cap the QR code that is generated for easy access. You’ll need to present this to the health inspectors upon arrival into Mexico. Here is the link: https://afac.hostingerapp.com – Note that you need to actually copy/paste it into your browser; just clicking it will throw an error. A 14-day quarantine at residence may be necessary; however, popular tourist zones in the typical vacation cities (e.g., Cancun, Los Cabos, PV, Cozumel) are excluded.
- Restrictions on non-essential travel for USA/Canada/Mexico remain in place until April 21, 2021. CANPASS / CBSA (CANADA) is by far the most stringent enforcer of this policy in regards to air travel.