Need Your Help – Forming Our Own Online Rally
From: Greg Evans, Chairman of the Board, Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc. and Member, NBAA AMAC Committee
Dear friends and business aviation colleagues,
While the U.S. government shutdown continues, the rest of us in business aviation are still busy at work, helping our country and industry thrive. Although many of us were not able to join NBAA President and CEO Ed Bolen at the rally on Capitol Hill last week to encourage policymakers to reopen the Federal Aviation
Administration (FAA), so that vital aviation services can resume, we can have our own rally online.
When we speak as a unified voice, we have power – it is undeniable that the House and Senate take more seriously those issues they hear from their constituents on. So we need your help in letting Congress know the negative impact this shutdown is causing such as:
- Airplanes and parts cannot be produced, financed, bought, sold, registered, and in many cases flown without the active involvement of the federal government.
- Reduced operating flexibility due to the lack of overtime from Customs and Border Protection
- Critical training cannot be completed because of the FAA shutdown
- Non-U.S. operators may not be able to operate to the U.S. because of the shutdown of the Department of Transportation denies them critical services needed
- And those are just a few of the issues.
Most importantly, the shutdown threatens our industry, our businesses, and our livelihoods.
NBAA has made it easy to get involved… all you have to do is push the button and contact Congress! Please get involved and encourage your colleagues, coworkers and employees to join us. Together, we can make a difference, and all it takes is pushing the button!
Chairman of the Board
Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc.