Since the day we first started this business aviation blog, our goal has been sharing useful information that supports the planning and execution of successful trips. Keeping that spirit in mind, we are looking for others who are similarly passionate about our industry and want to share their knowledge with the global business aviation community.
If this sounds like you, we invite you to write for our blog.
Any business aviation professional or person who works with our industry is invited. This includes but is not limited to:
- Schedulers and dispatchers
- Flight department managers and directors
- Flight attendants
- Charter brokers
- Aviation maintenance professionals
- FBOs and ground handlers
- Support experts (e.g., tax, legal, ground transport, visas, etc.)
Your post must be on a topic relevant to business aviation. (After all, this is a business aviation blog.) Examples of topics include:
- Any component of trip planning and execution
- Business aircraft operations (e.g., tax, maintenance, etc.)
- Firsthand experiences (e.g., as a pilot, flight attendant, etc.)
Your post cannot be an advertisement for your product or service.
By becoming a guest author on our blog, you have the opportunity to:
- Gain exposure with a large audience of aviation professionals and enthusiasts following our blog and social-media fan pages
- Build your online authority by sharing your knowledge and expertise
- Boost quality traffic to your Web site or blog
- Your content must be original (i.e., yours) and not previously published anywhere else.
- You agree not to publish your content anywhere else. You may, however, reproduce content snippets on other Web sites as teasers that link to your post on our blog.
- Your post should be approximately 400 – 800 words or, if videography is your preference, you can provide short videos (less than 5 minutes) with a brief description. If you are providing a video, you can choose to host it on your own channel, such as YouTube or Vimeo.
- All posts we publish will have an image. If you provide an image to accompany your post, it must be entirely yours, or you must have permission to use it. If you do not provide an image, we will suggest one for you. (It’s O.K. We like selecting images!). We will always get your approval on any image we select prior to publishing it with your post.
- Please provide us your picture and short bio, in which you may include up to three links (such as your Web site, LinkedIn page, etc.). Here’s an example of what a bio should look like.
- If we publish your post, you must be willing to engage with our readers in the comments section under your post.
Please don’t be offended if we edit your post for format, grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. We’ll use track changes for any edits we make, and we’ll always send your post back to you for approval. After all, it’s YOUR post.
Just because we receive a guest post does not obligate us to publish it. We will publish guest posts at our sole discretion with the interest of our readers in mind. That said, if we feel your post isn’t right for our blog, we may offer suggestions for redeveloping it for our readers. Similarly, if you have an idea for a post you’d like to run by us first before you put time into writing it, feel free to contact us.
This is the easy part. Send us an e-mail with your post and bio attached in a Word document along with your photo. We’ll get back to you within 48 hours.
On behalf of all of us at Universal,
Thank so you much for reading Operational Insight and for considering being a part of it.
Before adding your comments, please read our Comment Policy.